Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
• 1 cup chopped Red and Green Bell Pepper
• 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup chopped Jalapeño Peppers
• 5 cups white sugar
• 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
USED AS A TOPPING | FINISHING FLAVORS:
• Serve with Ritz Crackers and as a dollop on top of Cream Cheese spread onto cracker. Yum!
- [Important! Wear plastic food-grade gloves whenever handling jalapeño peppers.] Remove stems, veins and most of the seeds of the bell and jalapeno peppers. Mince peppers in a food processor.
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, combine bell peppers, jalapenos, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add the pectin and let mixture continue to cool for 2 minutes more. Now stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and top with sterilized lids. Secure lids with bands and allow jars to cool slowly, creating a vacuum seal.
• Stores for up to a year if sealed.
• To learn how you can grow your own jalapeños and bell peppers at home all year round hydroponically, visit Grow Your Health Gardening.
This recipe is Gluten-free, Corn-free, and Lactose-free.
Credit: Grow Your Health Gardening