If you’re working on losing weight or lowering cholesterol, an easy way to win in both these areas is to simply remove the yolk of the egg from your scrambled eggs. For convenience sake, you can purchase in carton form egg whites and measure out however much you need using a liquid measuring cup.
We added a protein source to our scramble here (chicken sausage), but feel free to substitute any protein source you have on hand. It’s also a good idea to add veggies and greens — in this case we used sweet peppers and kale because they were readily available.
Top off with goat cheese or feta and add while the cooked eggs are still hot so it softens a bit. I’m all about convenience these days and have been purchasing the squeezable ready to go guacamole from the grocery aisle refrigerator section and it is great when you want just a little bit of avocado without cutting into a whole one. No more worrying if the avocado is ripe and trying to time things right — just take out of the fridge and squeeze onto your food. Win!
Egg White Scramble
- non-stick frying pan
- large wooden spoon or spatula
- 3/4 cup Egg Whites 100 calories
- 2 small Snacking Peppers, diced and sautéed 27 calories
- 1 TBSP Goat Cheese, crumbled 20 calories
- 1 patty Al Fresco Chicken Sausage 80 calories
- 1 medium leaf Kale, torn and sautéed (about a 1/4 cup) 9 calories
- 1 TBSP Guacamole / Avocado 23 calories
- On medium heat, place a non-stick frying pan and add 1/2 tsp of Olive Oil or non-stick spray
- Add chopped sweet peppers and diced/torn bite size pieces of kale to hot pan and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally
- Cut chicken patty into bite size pieces and then warm chicken patty in Microwave for 40 seconds.
- Pour egg whites into hot pan with warmed sweet peppers and kale. Stir occasionally until all egg whites are cooked and turn off heat source. Place in bowl
- Add goat cheese crumbles to top of scrambled egg whites. Top off with a small squeeze of ready-to-serve guacamole.
One thought on “Recipe | Egg White Breakfast Scramble”